Monday, November 23, 2009

If you're happy and you know it...

...say AMEN!! That's exactly what Brayden, Savannah, and especially Sophia did on Sunday evening with Logan, Landon, and Whitney at Dad's church. It was an evening service full of special music and giving thanks. I had only enough disk space to get one part of the kiddos--it was GREAT. I can only imagine what hearing these little voices does to the Lord's heart! I imagine all of Heaven pausing to listen as they joyfully sing =) This was big thing for Brayden as he DOES NOT like to get up in front of crowds. He changed his mind, however, on Sunday afternoon and let me know that he wanted to sing with the group. What a blessing! Even better was what followed: Savannah ran back up to the platform and asked to sing a solo. Dad knelt down with a microphone as she sang "Jesus Loves the Little Children". Then Sophia followed with "Jesus Loves Me". And it didn't end there! Logan went up and sang "I'm Glad I Got Converted" with Landon following him singing "Jesus Loves Me". Whitney was the last to run up and sing a few lines into the mic--and all of this was unrehearsed. Each time Dad would stand to continue another little grandchild would run up! As Dad so eloquently summed up the events--if only we were like these little ones who so eagerly ran forward to sing for the Lord! My only regret is that I couldn't catch it all to share.

2 comments:

Stephanie Lynn Burley said...

That is so adorable! Wish I could have been there to see them...I can guess that another two or three cousins would have joined in the choir. :) That reminds me of Christmas at Grandma Yount's as kids. The hours of singing around the piano were priceless!

Mandy said...

The more the merrier, Stephanie! I think that the Yount clan on the whole has heard this LOUD and CLEAR. Papaw would certainly be smiling--as Mamaw does--at his overflowing quiver =)

I often think of Ryan and Evan standing in Dad & Mom's livingroom when they were just wee lads singing "God Bless Amerrrrica" at the top of their lungs. Evan was only about 18 mos old at the time?

LOVE IT!!!