Thursday, March 14, 2013

Car Conversation



Having one of those nights that in the stillness of the house I reflect on the day.

A conversation in the car with our 7 year old rings in my ears.

"Mom, how do you know God loves you?"

I had just asked her the same question.

"Savannah," I replied, "One huge way I know He loves me is through His creation. I come in from work late at night and I stand under the stars knowing that He has named every one of them and yet knows MY name. He is everywhere to me. In the sunrises and sunsets, in the mountains, at the beach, in our back field."

She smiled and said she feels the same.

It is no coincidence that her hymn chosen before she was even born is "This is My Father's World".

We marveled together at the beautiful moon tonight. I felt Him whispering to my heart.

I have felt overwhelmed lately. In the day-to-day struggles of life, I struggle to really hear Jesus' words in Matthew--"I am always with you". There are many days and ways I begin to feel lost and question if He sees me--especially in my laundry room full of dirty clothes!! In every one of those moments something happens to reign in my focus: an amazing sunrise occurs, a bird's song begins to fill my ears, one of our blessings (AKA kids) randomly gives me a kiss or begins singing praise songs, a call or text from someone dear, a hymn from long ago floods my mind, a story shared of one's struggle far greater than my own...He speaks to me everywhere in all of His creation and gives me perspective.

I merely need to quiet myself and listen.

Allow His truth to fill me to overflowing and drown the voice of the world.

I do not have all the answers and I may never know "WHY?" to many things. I am at peace with that. Because the One who put the stars on place and named each one knows all the whys and hows and whos.

But as I stood under the stars tonight I merely exhaled and smiled.

I know He sees me. I know He loves me. I know He laughs with me. I know He cries with me. I know He died for me. I know He lives for me. I know He prays for me.

Sometimes I need to convince my head of what my heart already knows.

Praying that if you are reading this--whatever your lot and wherever you may find yourself--you know in your heart that God sees YOU, that you are loved beyond measure, and He is in your corner fighting for you!

And if you must, go stand under the starry sky and take in His awe and love for you <3 nbsp="">

No comments: