Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Brace Yourself!

Today starts a new frontier for me...I had my braces applied to my top teeth yesterday morning. The bottom ones will follow in about 8 weeks. Okay, I have a whole new respect for everyone who has ever gone through this!! Wow. And Ow! My top teeth are actually straight but must be adjusted to correct the bottom ones properly. And I'm very grateful for a high pain tolerance 'cause I can't imagine this for the faint of heart. Oh, and I get to have my one bad tooth (the one that is the reason for all of this) pulled. Yay and double yay. But after 20+ years, I will have proper bottom teeth all in a row and no more bleeding gums!! Now that gets a true YAY!!

P.S. Just remind me of that if ever you hear me complain in the next 12 months :)

2 comments:

Granny said...

Where's the big toothy smile?

Greg & Stephanie said...

Hey...my sibs and I can sympathize with you! We all had braces during the pre-teen and teen years. I don't remember it being too painful except when they put on the grey chain things and then tightened them monthly! The part I hated was having teeth removed beforehand...ugh!