Saturday, March 15, 2008

Five words from a child's mouth that make a Momma's blood run cold...

..."DO YOU LIKE MY HAIRCUT?"

Those words from Brayden greeted me yesterday morning while I was still asleep. Needless to say I shot up like a rocket out of our bed! Daryl was just as shocked as I was at the sight. After alot of drama and tears from Brayden (and almost, me)we got out the clippers and Daryl fixed it as best he could.

Oh, and yeah, the story doesn't end there. Savannah was sitting on my lap reading books when I ran my fingers through her sticky-from-breakfast hair. A two inch piece came out in my hands! I gave her a close-up and saw that she, too, had been to the barber's! When I asked her if she cut her hair she gave me a disgusted look (as though to say, "As if, Mom")and replied emphatically, "NO! Bayden(as she pronounces it) cut my hair!" Thankfully her "trim" wasn't as bad. It just look like she got the right side of her hair layered for the season. You know, all the two-year-olds are doing it.

The best part was Daryl's disbelief/shock that Brayden would cut his and Savannah's hair--and our conversation went something like this:

D: (laughing) I can't believe he'd do that! That's not like Brayden. What would possess him to do such a thing?

M: Honey, every kid cuts their hair at some point!

D: Well I never did.

M: Correction. Every normal kid cuts their hair at some point.

It is taking some getting-used-to, but its not bad. I will admit, though, that I'm looking forward to his hair growing back in...as is he! Brayden was NOT initially pleased with the outcome, to say the least. It suddenly dawned on him that he looks just like our nephew, Leighton--whom Brayden admires so much--and now he is LOVING his new 'do!

Oh well it grows back, right??


Crying because he thought that his hair would never grow back!


Close-up of the frontal damage.


His new spiked do!


Happy (finally) because he "looks just like Leight!"


And if I may direct your attention to the portion of hair just by her right ear...

3 comments:

shelli (michelle) said...

Do-it-yourself haircuts and all, they are still the cutest kids I know! Tia, aka Aunt Shelli, misses you guys so much! Brayden, you are looking like one hot, fighter jet pilot! WOO WOO!
And my favorite person on the other end of the phone, Savannah, you are still too beautiful for words! Those eyes say it all girlfriend! And Chunky Phia, you make me feel comfortable being a "big girl". Let's get together and count our rolls! I love you Yount kids! (and your mom and cute dad- with or without hair!)

Mandy said...

Yes, Tia, thanks for the vote-of-confidence in Brayden's barber skills.

We all miss you & your gang, too!

Granny said...

Brayden Boy your new hair cut makes you look older. I like it, but I do like your old hair cut too.