Thursday, March 27, 2008

The newest addition....MADISON MARIE!


Fresh from the womb


Proud new Daddy admiring his new little girl.


Scott getting ready to announce "boy or girl" to all the waiting family with his specially made t-shirt!


Savannah looking in awe of her new little cousin. She was so enthralled with her!


All clean and wrapped and ready for cuddling!


Mommy holding Madison after she's all cleaned up!


Brayden loving on his newest cousin. When he first peered into her warmer he asked cautiously, "Can I pet her?"


First Croyle family photo!


A great family moment!


Me & Weebs with Madison--note my most excellent t-shirt!

************

The kids and I topped off our crazy Easter weekend by driving out to Pittsburgh early Monday morning for my sister Erica's labor & delivery. I had the most amazing opportunity to be in the labor room with Erica and Scott as the doula...a.k.a. labor coach/support!! There was lots of family there waiting to meet the newest Croyle and they all helped out with watching my three so I could be with Weebs & Scott. This was definately a "team effort"! There was alot of support from both family and friends--what a testiment to strength in numbers!

What a blessed, awesome, and humbling experience for me. Weebs also surprised me with gifts when I got there--a personalized t-shirt for the occasion and a Willow Tree "Quiet Strength" plaque. Needless to say, I was shedding tears even before Weebs was! I haven't been apart of a birth (my three aside) since Belize during college. Weebs and Scott did such an amazing job. The doc induced her around 11pm Easter Sunday and she was a trooper all throughout the labor...only a few doses of Nubain here and there and finally getting an epidural around 6pm Monday when she wasn't progressing past 7cm. She needed the rest!! And when she did, she completely dilated and was ready to push around 8:30pm! Her "practice push" ended up being the real deal--just over 20 minutes later (about 4 rounds of pushing) beautiful Madison Marie entered our world!! What a miracle! She weighed in at 6lbs. 12oz. and was 19 inches long. Praise the Lord!! I was SO proud of Erica! I think I told her this about three hundred times over the course of the day. Actually my throat was so sore for the next two days from all the talking/coaching I did--but, WOW, was it ever worth it!! :)

The experience was a humbling reminder of how the Lord uses our experiences--be they good or bad--to help others. After our awful birth experience with Brayden and two wonderful experiences with the girls, both Daryl and I have made it our mission to share with others (1)the dangers of Pitocin and induction when improperly used/advocated/warranted,(2)being your own best advocate of what you want and (3)trusting the Lord in ALL things. By God's grace and answer to our prayers Weebs did not have to undergo a c-section--as so often happens with induction.

It amazed me,too, that His presence was definately felt by everyone in the room--not just me. The music Ercia had playing softly in the background certainly affected us all and invited Him to be there in a real and tangible way. She compiled a "Christian music playlist" on her laptop and "we" labored to praise and worship music. I'm not certain about Weebs (her mind was on other things), but I do know that it was so uplifting and comforting to me and to the staff that entered the room. Both Erica's doctor and the anesthesiologist who did the epidural commented on the music and how much they enjoyed it. I also overheard them saying how it was such a different environment--so much more peaceful--then what they're used to. What a great witness Erica was without even realizing it and during one of the most difficult times! I'm still in awe of the experience. And I am so very grateful that the Lord could work through me to help Weebs and Scott in one of the coolest moments of their lives! Thank you both so much for letting me share such a special event with you...and if you so choose, I will GLADLY be there for the next one!!

2 comments:

Erica said...

You will definetly be there for the next one!! Scott and I both agree we couldn't have done it without you!! Thanks again!!! You truly are a god sent blessing as a sister and friend!

Granny said...

What a day!!!!!!! Not only did Pap and I get a new grand daughter, we got to spend hours with the Yount Three!!! Talk about live being soooooooo good. Missing all three of them soooo much. Sweet Sophia, Sassy Savannah and our wonderful little man Brayden Boy.