Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The New 'Do

The kids were to have pictures first thing this morning, so I thought it would be a perfect time to try out the sponge rollers I picked up recently at a clearance sale on Savannah's hair. Note to self and others: Using sponge rollers on naturally curly hair will most likely result in looking like a Chia Pet:


How could I forget this fact being a naturally-curly-haired girl myself???? Anyways, maybe I should have taken the result as an indication of how the pictures would go! No professional pictures were to be had today...but the ones I captured on my camera are PRICELESS!!

Interesting...and maybe just a bit scary...is the only thing I can think of to describe it. Brayden thought it was nothing short of hysterical. And Savannah, although intially quite shocked at the reflection staring back at her in the mirror, found it to be quite hilarious as well. I just loved how soft and poofy it was! And I always did want to have a Chia Pet to call my own...but that's another blog for another day. Of course, she's still the cutest thing even if she looks like she put her finger in the nearest light socket! But I'll let you form your own opinion on the 'do:

BEFORE:



AFTER:




Come to think of it, I know some people who would have done close to anything in the seventies for a 'fro like this. But, despite of what they thought, I doubt they were lookin' as cute as this little one!

4 comments:

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Hilarious!! Savannah is a beautiful little girl.

Rachel Elek said...

If she is not your daughter then I don't know who would be!!! She is so cute! I was telling someone the other day how I ironed your hair in college! Remember?

KB said...

Oh too cute!! I love the curls!!
Ch-ch-ch-chia!

Making Memories said...

Darryl, your family is beautiful. Aaron and Lark named their son, Braeden too. Spelled with the Irish spelling. Missy is in Germany, she has a little girl with one on the way. You can check out my blog, bethterry.blogspot.com
Tell everyone, HELLO, I'd love to see all you guys!