Sunday, November 2, 2008

"Baby Girl" is THREE!







Today our sweet Savannah is three. What in the world?! Of course she wanted a princess birthday and that she got last evening! She was quite the sight in a pink feather boa, pink sparkly shoes, a pink princess dress, and of course the tiara with pink fur trim. Did this child come from my womb?? You could not have paid me to wear anything remotely "princess" as a little girl. Pretty much a tomboy here. But not our Savannah. The more pink, purple, sparkly, and/or girly--the better. And she also wanted Becca to join her in the Princess Brigade--it was classic. LOVED IT!! They're already planning their next Princess Tea.

She then traded in her regalia for princess jammies and her new "Fancy Nancy" sunglasses and purse. She did not remove those glasses until bedtime! She was definitely epitomizing the saying, "Sugar and spice and everything nice..."--with an extra added splash of spice for our Savannah, I might add.

I had all these wonderful plans for the cake I was going to make for her, and sweet decorations, etc. but that all changed when the dreadful stomach bug got me with a vengeance Friday night. Pretty much wiped me out. Needless to say, I was more than thankful that all she wanted was pizza for her birthday dinner! So we grabbed some pizzas and a DQ cake and she was happy as a debutante at the ball ;)

So, despite my feeling like a wrung-out old rag, the smiles and laughter on the face of our little princess and all her cousins as together they celebrated her third birthday were priceless...and worth every minute!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday, Savannah! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of the little princess!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Savannah! Its hard to believe you are already three years old! Mandy,Im sorry you have been sick. It seems like that little virus has found its way into alot of homes already this year. Now just maybe...your good at least until next year!Ha I love you and look forward to seeing you all soon. Daryl,I love you too and hope your staying above the ground these days! Grandma Yount spent the night here recently and we were talking about you! Of course it was with the utmost affection!Ha Take care...Aunt,Sarah

Sarah said...

these pics are great! i have already saved them to my pc so i can see them on my screen saver, I'm glad she liked the books and candy