Saturday, February 7, 2009

Not to make you jealous....BUT

...for all of our family in the midwest/northeast where it hasn't been above 20 degrees in weeks--the kiddos and I hopped a plane (actually two) last evening and are now enjoying time with our family in Arkansas IN 60 and 70 DEGREE WEATHER!!! We woke up this morning about 6:45 and its already 60 en route to a 71 degree day! LOVIN' IT!! We'll be heading to the lake today to do some fishing with my sister, B-I-L, nieces and nephew.

And in case you're wondering about Daryl, he hopped a different plane at the airport and is now freezing (I'm sure)in Montana with Jeff, Jonathan, Craig, Uncle James, Jamie and a few others on a "mancation" :) I'm certain they will have some FUN times together out there! I know there's a 300 mile snowmobile trek planned for a day and also some skiing, amongst other things.

Ah, yes, and for those of you who are wondering what seven kinds of crazy I am for flying alone with 3 little ones...they actually do better than I do! Brayden and Savannah LOVE flying. This was Sophia's second time and it didn't phase her any either. Me, on the other hand, I do not enjoy it. I was holding onto the sick bag for the first leg and dry heaving while a nearby 17-month-old literally screamed and kicked her way through the flight. My three sat there looking at books and out the window! HAHAHA! And every so often Brayden would ask if I was okay :) And I also got alot of passerby comments in the airports. So I'm now a brave soul, crazy lady, what-were-you-thinking, how-many-times-have-you-cussed-your-husband-during-this-trip Momma! They all said these and many other comments with a mix of smiles and shock on their face. I thought it was a hoot! And it kept me going when I was so airsick from the first round.

In the end its all worth it. I did this same trip last year and was so excited when this spur-of-the-moment opportunity came about.

We're off to enjoy family and the warm weather!

5 comments:

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Wow, Mandy! You are a trooper! Glad the kiddos do well with flying. I always fear that Aubrey's ears will get messed up...that hurts SO badly. Anyway, you all need to plan another trip down here sometime!

Sarah said...

We had warm weather too, sandals and capris on Friday...BEAUTIFUL! but unfornutately weather here is crazy and its already down to 30

Granny said...

I want to see pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Mandy,
What a blessing it is to me to read your blog and see you and your wonderful family! I have missed you. I hope to see you at Angies wedding as Me,Lea and her little man Allan are going to plan and attend. Your guess is as good as mine as to weather Luke will come. Your family is beautiful. I am so happy things have worked out between you and your Mom and Jim. How is you your Dad? I hope all is well. Love Ya Aunt Tina

Anonymous said...

Mandy,
I just finished looking over your blog and what a blessing ....so many people I have often wondered about! Just seeing the pics brought back so many fond memories, Uncle Tim, Aunt Peep, Aunt Jan, your Gram and Pap...WOW!! Thanks!!!