Thursday, January 28, 2010

Its all about PERSPECTIVE

As any parent knows, no two are alike. Mommas and Daddys, that is. Mommas and Daddys differ in how they interact with their kids, talk with their kids, play with their kids, and (as most Mommas will admit) dress their kids. I haven't met a Momma yet who doesn't have a great and funny story of the one time she forgot to lay out clothes for the kiddos and Daddy had to get the job done. I'm not bashing here. Some of my best memories entail the times when Daddy has been in charge and rolling solo. 

Afterall, Daddy's always in charge around here.

Its just that he usually has a pretty good co-pilot along for the ride.

Anyways, as the saying so aptly says, it all works out in the wash. My husband does an amazing job with our kids. As I've said MANY times, he is the biggest and best blessing of my life and to that of our kids! He's totally a hands-on type of Daddy. And for that I am more than thankful. But as I said on the onset, we're different. That's a good thing. An even better thing is knowing our varying strengths and weaknesses so we can help each other out.

Which we do.

Everyday.

I'm here to say my strength and Daddy's weakness is hair and clothing options.

Just keeping it real, okay?

But I'll let the pictures do the talking...



This is how Ava looks when Momma's at work:




This is how Ava looks when Momma's at home:





Momma at work.





Momma home.





Totally understandable once you see who's in charge when Momma's at work.




Cute as a button--and has the best Daddy--no matter how you look at it.

2 comments:

Granny said...

This is the best post EVER! I love it!

Erica said...

Love it!! Brings back so memories of Maddo with mohawks and crazy clothes on, no tubby, etc!! But he is a great Dada and I love him!! Maddo and I need to make it out there asap!!