Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Midwinternight's Dream

As I sit inside our home looking out over the snow and ice encased ground, I long for this:



Now don't get me wrong here. Some of the most amazing sunrises, sunsets, and star-gazing occurs (in my opinion) in the winter. God's creation still speaks to me in amazing ways despite the snow and bitter, bone-chilling cold.

But my admiration usually occurs from the INSIDE looking out.


 So there's something about this that makes my soul ache:


Running through the grass in our bare feet. Definately NOT something we can do right now. Unless getting frostbite is your goal. Then by all means, knock yourself out.

I won't stand in your way.

And then I come across photos like these and that dull ache becomes a loud roar:

Hanging out on our fence. These photos capture the fun and joy and warmth of summer in a nutshell for me. I want to be out by that fence in my bare feet. Checking on the grapes and veggies in my bare feet. Chasing the kids in my bare feet. Playing with our dog in my bare feet. Hanging clothes out on the line--you guessed it--in my bare feet!


But since that is not an option for quite a FEW more months, I will sit here with socks and slippers and other multiple layers...longing to be in my bare feet. 

And, yes, I just may in the mean time digress to this:



SPRING, if you can hear me, COME QUICKLY!!



Please?!

1 comment:

Granny said...

This was a great post, as much as I love winter, as I read and looked at the pictures my body yearned for the smell of spring.