Thursday, October 4, 2007

Bugs, birthdays and bats



Like father, like son. Brayden surprised us one day by putting on a new Jayco shirt and Daddy's boots. What a moment to capture on film! He said, "I'm just like you, Daddy, huh?!" He's growing up so fast. It won't be long until he can actually fill those boots! He loves going to work with Daddy and "helping him get the job done". Today he decided to give me a heart attack after we came inside the house. He began screaming and jumping around on the carpet while grabbing at his foot. I thought it was a yellow jacket. He's screaming and shrilling while I'm yelling, "Is it stinging you?!" all the while swatting at his flying foot over and over again while he continued to scream and shrill. I was finally able to smash the living daylights out of our "yellow jacket", and we propmtly discovered it was merely a long-nosed beetle. Once we both clamed down, I asked Brayden if it had been stinging him and he promptly replied, "No, it was just eating on my toe!"


Daryl always said that he wanted a little girl who was just like her Momma. Yep, prayer answered. She is loud, stubborn, loves to sing, and can definately hold her own in any crowd. Sound like anyone you know?? Ah yes, and she also is very fond of her Daddy! The sun rises and sets around him...and rightly so. He is a great Daddy! She also thinks her brother and sister are something quite special. Her vocabulary is taking off. She is so much fun and so absolutely ornery too! This look says it all. She was getting a kick out of me fighting a bat today that was hiding in our porch. I had a huge blue stick and was swinging like a mad woman while this little furry bat squeaked and scatched inside its hideout trying its best to remain there. Needless to say, the bat is still there and my kids had some good laughs at their Momma's expense! (I did have flashbacks to our house in Naomi when a bat was in our house. It was clinging to the blanket being used as our safety shield--the best part was the gitups my uncle and dad were wearing to "fight" this little bat out of fear that they would get rabies! That bat's life ended quickly with a hammer if I remember correctly.) Did I mention that there's never a dull moment around here?

We're in the midst of birthday season. I got a great cake made on my birthday by my man and kids! We then all made ourselves sick eating it. Totally worth it and so special. I especially love this picture because I'm rarely in any of them--let alone one with all my kiddos--due to the fact that I'm the photographer! Note the lettering on the cake. Its in a smile shape...by accident. The cake was still warm and when we went to hold it up for the photo all the icing began sliding! Good times, good times. The big D's b-day is next, followed by his Dad, then Leight-dawg, and finally Brayden-boy! All of these by next Saturday!! Lovin' it.







1 comment:

Sarah said...

wow Mandy, this site is great!! You have done a fabulous job. Thanks for telling Daryl to remind me about it. I have actually bookmarked it, so I remember to check it every once and a while. As I am sure you are well
aware that I have pictures of "my 10" all over my room but it nice to get the updates.
love you and miss you lots
Hope to see you at Christmas
little sis