Sunday, January 27, 2008

We're leaving on a jet plane!!

So this is a new adventure. I'm packing up our three kiddos and flying to Arkansas to spend a week with my amazing sister, Shelli, and her family AND I AM SO EXCITED!!! We usually see one another once a year at church camp and try to make up for the distance by talking almost daily on the phone. But the phone is NOWHERE near the blessing of being together. And it is NOWHERE near as fun, either!

Now, you may be wondering why I am embarking on this journey alone. Daryl is heading to Los Angeles for the Paintings and Coatings Expo. I will admit that I am a bit nervous about flying...not because I'm doing it alone with three kids under four. But because I absolutely LOATHE flying. Brayden LOVES it. Savannah is indifferent to it. And Sophia has never had the experience. But we'll all be together, like any other day, so it should be alright. And I do have many prayers being said for us! God is in control. That's all I need to know.

So, this is going to be a great week! My sister is a HOOT as is her hubby, and our two neices and nephew are so much fun. I'm so excited to see their new home, watch my neices and nephew play basketball, hear their funny stories about school, listen to Jaybird's stories from the job (in his most excellent Louisiana accent I might add), "cut up" with the family until all hours, drink up my sister's sweet tea, and stuff myself with her salad and cooking. She can "stir in the love" like few others! And I'm DEFINATELY stoked about introducing our sweet Sophia girl to her aunt, uncle and cousins who have only seen her in pictures. I'm just so excited to share life with them for a week. Brayden has talked nonstop about playing with his cousin, Leighton, since I mentioned the trip to him on Thursday. And Shell & the girls can't wait to get their hands on the girls for some lovin'! What a huge blessing.

Did I mention my excitement?!?! Whoo-hoo!

P.S. I'm certain I'll have PLENTY of pictures to post when we return!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

wow, sounds like fun. Have a blast and enjoy every minute. When I traveled with my kids, I took a portable DVD player along. It came in handy in the airports and on the plane. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Mandy said...

We did take a DVD player along...the crazy thing is we hardly used it because the kids were so entralled by the airplane ride and all! It was funny! It did come in handy during our layover in Chicago, though. Thanks for the advice, Wanda!