Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sept. 3rd: Brayden's First Day of School!

It was a BIG day...Brayden anticipated going to school since last year when we attended Reading Group at our local library. I was the one fighting tears! Daryl was away redoing a water tank so I videotaped the day thus allowing him to experience it as well! He's such a big boy now. His class is M-W-F from 12-2:30. Needless to say, he LOVED every second of his 2 1/2 hour "schooltime". Savannah struggled a bit with her "Bayden" not being around. That's all she's known her entire life so it was an adjustment for her, too. Its so fun to talk with him about the poems and activities they did. His teacher posts the week's lessons in advance so I recite the rhymes with him as we drive home. We're all really enjoying it now...well, Brayden has always enjoyed it...I just had to have my first-day-of-school-mom-meltdown. So, yeah, now its all good. But honestly I still get choked up every time he comes running at me with his papers in hand and smile large enough to light up all of PA. But I'm sensitive like that. And that's okay. Right?!

Loaded up and ready to go!

Standing outside the church by his school sign.

He jumped right in and began playing with classmates.

One of the teacher's aides building a puzzle with Brayden.

Our big boy!

Savannah telling Brayden bu-bye when we left...and my heart started breaking at the sweetness of the moment!

Hugging his teachers at the end of the day!

Our first day of school coming to a close...and BIG smiles all around!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Yes it is ok to be sensitive!! You know how sensitive I am, I am probably going to have such a meltdown on Maddie's first day of school I won't be able to leave the parking lot!!

Sarah said...

Mandy...he is such a little handsome one and looks so happy for his first day! Those moments are difficult on moms and you will never forget the feelings you had that morning. We love you! Aunt,Sarah