Wednesday, April 9, 2008

9 months!

Our sweet Sophia Kathryn is 9 months old! She's now been outside of my womb for the same amount of time that she was in there. Whoa! Even after the third time around it still amazes me at how fast time goes by. I love being a mom more than anything (except being Daryl's wife). I was going through my routine at the house here today and thinking about what a blessing it is to be a stay-at-home mom/wife and be with my kids. Yes, there are many times that I feel as though I may lose my mind (for about the bizillionth time), but boy is it ever worth it! And I know that many moms are experiencing the same things I am or have already been there so they can understand--and sometimes give me pointers! But I would not trade it for anything.

I never posted on Sophia's 8 month birthday and WOW has she blossomed since then! I could do a post just about her 8 month birthday, but its not worth all the extra space at this point! (I did however put this first picture up as it was taken on her 8 mo b-day). As you can see, I LOVE her bear outfit! (I actually took pictures on her 7, 8, and 9 month birthday in it. Now I'll have to pack it away :( **sniffles**

Anyways, she popped her 2 bottom teeth right before Easter, finally! And she also conquered crawling in one day--yesterday as a matter of fact. She's been scooting around here and there, but nothing major. Yesterday morning she would crawl maybe 2 or 3 little moves...then, BAM, Daryl comes home and she's all over the place in our house! We were cracking up. She was so excited with herself that she would zip from one place to another then stop to laugh and clap! It was great entertainment. Brayden and Savannah loved it too!!

Oh yes, and she learned to clap too and thinks that it is great fun! She's into mimicking everything...especially sounds her brother and sister make. One of my personal favorites is her imitating our Harley Davidson clock! Its a riot! She LOVES tubby time. If she's by herself, she kicks and squeals and blows raspberries. But she has just as much fun with Brayden and Savannah splashing and carrying on with them! She is loving food, gets very excited when we sit her in her chair, and polishes off a jar with no problem! We usually go through 1 1/2-2 jars at a sitting! I LOVE her chunky rolls...her knees even disappear when she straightens her legs! HAHAHAHA!

She still adores her siblings, thinks that Momma and Daddy are the best, and has the best disposition of any little one we've had...she truly is a bundle of joy. Her huge smile lights up the room. Yeah, no doubt about it, we're hooked!

8 months

First time in a swing at the playground yesterday--she LOVED it! Brayden was pushing her for awhile and she laughed her little head off!!

Enjoying some tubby time to herself!

The yummy chunky legs...note the lack of knees due to her rolls!!!!

Tubby time with Brayden and Savannah is always a blast!

2 comments:

Erica said...

I can't believe that little Sophia is NINE MONTHS old already!! It seems like just yesterday I came out to visit right after she was born and then found out I was pregnant!! I love the pic of the three of them in the tubby together. They are just too cute!!

Granny said...

I miss Sweet Sophia so much. I need some of her sweet smiles.