Friday, August 8, 2008

Celebrating Pap Sherd's Birthday!











We celebrated my Dad's birthday (Aug. 2nd) by spending this past weekend with him and the rest of my family. What a fun time! We spent time at Critter Country, which is owned by my Uncle Tim's friend, Laurie and her husband Rob. I didn't get any photos there but basically they turned their yard and surrounding acreage into a small zoo! It was a great time. We also enjoyed the church picnic on Sunday afternoon at Flatwoods Park(which coincindentally is where Daryl will be doing his next project and just happens to be minutes from my aunt & uncle's house as well as the rest of my entire family! So we will all head south of Pittsburgh for the duration of the job and spend time with my family! YAY!). The park has a large pool and kiddie pool, sand volleyball court, playground, sandbox--its great! And any time my family gets together there is usually a water battle of some kind--doesn't matter what the weather may be...if its cold outside, you can bet that it won't stop the water from flying in the house! Needless to say a HUGE water battle broke out during the picnic and it wasn't the kiddos who instigated it! The funniest part was watching my 79-years-young Grandma running from my kids water guns!! And before it was all over my Uncle Tim was in the kiddie pool, fully clothed, with the kids having a blast! Of course, he was already soaked from the water battle :) My kids are really looking forward to going back. And I am CERTAIN that the adults had just as much fun as the kids!

1 comment:

Rachel Elek said...

It's so good to see your Dad, Aunt Jan, Aunt Peeps and Uncle Tim and Gram of course! Please tell them I said hello!