Saturday, August 16, 2008

Do You Know...


...she's one of the greatest blessings in my life?
...she's an amazing: wife of one, mother of three, and caretaker of what seems like Noah's Ark?
...she can stir some SERIOUS love into her FABULOUS cooking?
...I talk to her nearly every day?
...she puts all things into perspective when I feel that I'm losing my mind?
...she loves and forgives and encourages everyone she knows?
...I'd always had an equal mix of sisterly love, admiration, and fear of her growing up?
...I now only have equal parts of love and admiration (and occasionally fear when I see that I'm-going-to-toss-you-across-the-room-by-the-seat-of-your-pants look in her eye--but its now thankfully directed toward one of her own kids)?
...I wrote in Kindergarten that she was my favorite person?
...my kiddos think she's the best thing since Thomas the Tank Engine?
...she's driven more miles in her truck/car than any person I know on the planet??
...her athleticism and competitive nature make her one of the best athletes I know?
...she beat my time when we ran respective 5k's on the Fourth of July?
...she's the best storyteller?
...we share the same weird sense of humor (with our other sisters and mom)?
...she makes the best salad in the world?
...if she lived close to me I'd be dead for posting this picture (and info) on my blog?
...that she just picked up her student ID and materials to finish her last semester of college?
...that I'm already making plans to fly to Louisiana to see her graduate in December?!
...that I will be the LOUDEST and PROUDEST person in that arena that day?!

Just thought you'd like to know.
=)

3 comments:

Granny said...

I agree with 98% of what you said, but I must disagree with "that you will be the LOUDEST and PROUDEST person in that arena that day?!" because I know I will be. On a side note, I could go for one of her great salads right now.

shelli (michelle) said...

okay okay, you guys are embarrassing me! thank you for the kind words, that I do not deserve. I must say though, that I know I do not look so happy in that picture- because I was posing for Mand- but that was honestly one of the very best times of my life (excluding the 5 French wrestlers and myself at the Eiffel Tower) hehehehehe-just playin'. But seriously, my sister, all my very favorite kids in the whole wide world- at the time, some 4 wheelers, a couple of tubes, Penn's Creek, and a whole lot of nature and nothing else definetly were the right ingredients for one of the best days of my life! And all those things you wrote about me, the ones that are true, are because of the people I love around me! The cooking is totally to please my 6'4', 270 lbs, southern man that I ADORE!!! I love you Yount Gang and miss you-more than you know! Thanks for keeping me smiling! Tia~ aka Aunt Sheldie P.S. commencement is 12/13/08 at 10:00 a.m.

Erica said...

I agree with that post as well!! Maddie loves her Tia and snuggling with her in bed!! I love you Lollie and I plan to be one of the loudest at your commencement as well!!