Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Say what?

SETTING: Livingroom/hallway/bathroom in home, mid-afternoon
SCENE: Mom is in the bathroom cleaning the sink. Brayden, Savannah and Sophia are playing in the livingroom.
~~~~~
SAVANNAH:(running down the hallway towards bathroom, crying) Mom! Mom! Bayden hit me with the pillow!
MOM: Brayden?
BRAYDEN:(running just behind her, weapon/pillow in hand) Yes?
MOM: Brayden, did you hit Savannah with the pillow?
BRAYDEN: Yes, Mom. It was a askident. I didn't mean to do it. I told her I was sorry. I was swinging the pillow like this (demonstrating) and Savannah walked into it.
(Pause) Askident?
MOM: Accident.
BRAYDEN: Askident? (Shaking his head)Tsst, askident! I know I don't say that right...but when I get bigger I will. Okay?
MOM(smiling, holding in chuckles): I love the way you talk, Brayden. Yes, you will. And thank you for being honest.
~~~~~

Is this kid a riot or what?!

2 comments:

Granny said...

Yes, he is the best riot that hit my life. I love you Brayden and miss you very much.

Sarah said...

Mandy...isn't it so sweet the way they talk? He always has so much expression in his words and is so friendly. He doesn't know Jerry and I well but everytime we see him he just acts like we are the best of friends!Ha What a handsome little guy!Love you guys...Aunt Sarah