Friday, May 2, 2008

Beware: Buffalo Crossing



Four-year-olds have great imaginations. Our Brayden is definately no exception. As we were driving one day, we passed this sign. We have passed this sign so many times in our travels that I never pay it any mind. But, alas, another blessing of having children. They call your attention to things you would otherwise not notice or maybe even take for granted. But I digress...

As we were stopped at the intersection near this sign, I hear an excited voice ask, "Momma, do you know what that blue sign with a buffalo means?!"

By the tone of his voice I was well aware that he already had the meaning all figured out in his wise 'ol age of four brain and I've also learned that at this age its more fun to see what his perspective is on the situation called to our attention than for me to give the boring, adult matter-of-fact response.

"No, Brayden. What does it mean?"

With a very serious face and tone of voice to match he replies, "No buffalo are to ever cross this road. But...if they do, all the people better watch out so they don't get poked in the back by their big, sharp horn things...then they could die!"

Hey, who knew???? All these years I've passed by this way and no one has ever alerted me to the seriousness of this matter! So if you happen to pass one of these signs, don't tell me you haven't been warned :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow I will keep this mind when I come home and drive by Bucknell

Mandy said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!