Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Evolution of a (Wannabe) Thumbsucker

Okay. Sophia and Savannah, LISTEN UP! I'm irritated and need to calm myself. You know, as well as I, that the only way that is accomplished is by sucking my thumb--which is forbidden by Daddy (thanks to you two ruining it for me). I need you to do your best to distract Mommy while I work on this, okay?!



HUMPF. Good thob, guys. I'm thwying here.  Keep smiling, keep smiling!



OH NO. (gasp) Mommy might be on to the plan!


Let me just give her the cutest look and try a "senior picture pose" with my head cocked to the side and my hand on my cheek. She won't even see my thumb slipped into my mouth...


SOPHIA: Ava Grace, let me give you some pointers...
AVA: I'm wheely thwyin' here, Phia! Don't dwaw athetion to me! Savannah--keep smiwing, girl! Gweat job! Now if I can just get these few fingers out of the way...



Nice, nice. Great work, sisters!! Mommy'll never even notice with the two of you cheesin' so hard! All it takes is a little teamwork.

Especially from two who understand.


Now if we can work on a pact and plan to distract Daddy....

2 comments:

Greg & Stephanie said...

Haha! Love it! Any ideas on getting my 5-1/2 year old to quit sucking her two fingers while she is asleep? :)

Mandy said...

We got this liquid stuff called "thumbs". Its liquid cayenne pepper--you just paint it on like nail polish =)