Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sleeeeeeeeeep.


This has to be one of my favorite things about being a mom. I L.O.V.E. watching my kids sleep. I love to stare at their sweet features and details that makes them unique. I love the sound of their soft breathing. I love their little lips, their little hands, the peaceful look on their faces as they dream. If I were being brutally honest I'd also tell you I love knowing that they're no longer tearing up the house, plopping food all over the kitchen floor, exploring the bathroom, changing their perfectly clean outfit for the fourth time, or bickering with one of their siblings over the must mundane thing. But since this isn't about being brutally honest, I won't tell you that.

I have pictures of all my kiddos sleeping. And each of my kids has different ways of sleeping that I love to capture as well. I have photos of their feet hanging out of the crib, their fingers entangled in hair, them hugging their favorite animals or blankies, little ones sleeping under the table, at the table, on the table, inside the front door, on the steps, in a chair, on a footstool. They can drop just about anywhere at any time.

Unless its naptime. Then everything about that last statement is null and void.

Did I mention that I would love to be able to sleep like that?! Leave me alone for about 5 minutes and it just may happen. No telling where you'd find me. In the laundry room, on the probably not yet scrubbed kitchen floor, across the clothes baskets, atop the toy bin, beside the baby swing, at Daryl's desk, or most preferably in front of the fireplace. Oh, to dream!

But most likely you'd find me just like this:

On my feet. Yep, I could totally sleep standing up at this point in the game. And I, too, would likely have one foot in the diaper bag.

Hoping for zzzz's under my tree,
mandy.

No comments: